T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm very new to the tshirt industry. I have managed to find an awesome designer where historically I've kept his designs to myself. I figured if I like it, maybe others will too so I've created space on my existing website to add some designs.
Seeking feedback specifically on the tshirt designs , and product right ups.. do they resonate with you.. what sort of copy should I be thinking of when marketing t-shirts?
Oh.. the website is www.barwonbeans.com
Any feedback is welcome. The more info the better.
Thanks
Marc

· Registered
403 Posts
Nice site!

I have a question. Why are you selling shirts / designs that have NOTHING to do with coffee? If they do, it was hard for me to connect the two.

Your brand is coffee. Your website name draws in coffee consumers / aficionados to click and come in for a look around. Yet your brand merch has nothing to do with coffee.

Why would a coffee lover (who I feel is ideally your desired client) buy one of those shirts? Why would t-shirt consumers come to your site (a coffee site) to buy a shirt NOT ABOUT coffee or coffee culture? See how it's all blended up even while reading it? No imagine people who actually arrive at your site.

My suggestion is have your awesome designer produce you some graphics that fit your brand better. Create merch with that. Start with coasters, mugs and maybe a few t-shirt (if the shirt design is really really cool)

Hope this helps.

Jae

· Registered
4,606 Posts
i'm not a fan of massive header images that require scrolling to even see what it is you sell

i get Jae's point, it does seem a strange mix
see if you can get some coffee-themed designs
even if you have to design them yourself, start with some simple text

here's one, a coffee poem:
coffee, coffee, coffee
coffee, coffee
everybody shut-up
coffee, coffee

here's another:
some of my best friends have been medium roasts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks..great feedback. it does help... The link eventually will be "coffee and Tee" as in a t shirt.. ..

Nice site!

I have a question. Why are you selling shirts / designs that have NOTHING to do with coffee? If they do, it was hard for me to connect the two.

Your brand is coffee. Your website name draws in coffee consumers / aficionados to click and come in for a look around. Yet your brand merch has nothing to do with coffee.

Why would a coffee lover (who I feel is ideally your desired client) buy one of those shirts? Why would t-shirt consumers come to your site (a coffee site) to buy a shirt NOT ABOUT coffee or coffee culture? See how it's all blended up even while reading it? No imagine people who actually arrive at your site.

My suggestion is have your awesome designer produce you some graphics that fit your brand better. Create merch with that. Start with coasters, mugs and maybe a few t-shirt (if the shirt design is really really cool)

Hope this helps.

Jae

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heh heh.. poem is pretty funny.
I prefer 1 coffee. I'm awake.. 2 coffee I'm alive.. 3 coffee stomach cramp.. 4 coffee crap my pants

The eventual play is a rebrand to coffee and Tee..

i'm not a fan of massive header images that require scrolling to even see what it is you sell

i get Jae's point, it does seem a strange mix
see if you can get some coffee-themed designs
even if you have to design them yourself, start with some simple text

here's one, a coffee poem:
coffee, coffee, coffee
coffee, coffee
everybody shut-up
coffee, coffee

here's another:
some of my best friends have been medium roasts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.