T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I like your raccoon logo. I think it hits the look/feel you were looking for in your About. However, you need to create another version of it for use with light ink on dark shirts. You can't just print the same image in white ink and expect it to look right (it becomes a negative of the image). Instead, put the raccoon in a circle of white ink and use the dark shirt itself for everything that should be dark/black.

The site itself looks and works fine.

Most brands built around a "logo" are doomed to fail because no one gives a #$%^ about some logo/brand they have never heard of and that doesn't mean anything to them or anyone else. That said, your critter logo is cute, and cute goes a LONG ways. If you can find an effective way to market your stuff (the hard part, if you ask me), I think you might find some success with your concept. It is especially hard to market something people are NOT looking for--and trust me, few people are looking for raccoon logo shirts, though I think many would be pleased to stumble across one by accident.

FYI AA now has both USA Made and imported garments. At least some of the USA Made shirts were made before Gildan, but it does sound like they are making some here now too. So be careful when you order that you are getting what you want, and maybe clarify your statement to say that you are sourcing Made in the USA AA shirts. Also, might want to keep an eye on the labels of the "USA Made" ones. Even before Gildan, AA changed the label to say: Assembled in the USA from imported and domestic components.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Fix the size of the images on the shirts some(most) look way too large. Like the men's and women's category shirts look two different sizes. Also I would change the font in your header image because it is a little yawn :)

Also make sure you get the taxes sorted out. If you're in TX it was charging me the wrong tax amount. Also fix the shipping situation because it looks like you can go international and it is more than $7 to ship to some countries!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for letting me know about the shipping and taxes! I've been trying to get those set right. I'm in VA and it should only be charging tax for VA. I've had one order to TX and it didn't charge tax so I wonder what's going on... Thanks for the feedback!!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
Thanks for letting me know about the shipping and taxes! I've been trying to get those set right. I'm in VA and it should only be charging tax for VA. I've had one order to TX and it didn't charge tax so I wonder what's going on... Thanks for the feedback!!!

Okay I think the issue is then (since I didn't actually enter info I was lazy). Is that when you click add to cart it says (including a $0.96 tax) so I thought it was geolocating me. Maybe set it up so tax is added after they enter billing details etc?

Also make an about page and explain how you're in Virginia and stuff. It helps your brand to be US-based IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The same appeared to happen to me. I am running Google Chrome.
When I click shop it appears nothing changes. The image takes up the whole screen, if you don't scroll down you can not see the products.

Butch
Ah, I see what you mean. I should probably make that image smaller then.

The "Mapache Unlimited" and "Shop" link go to the same page: the home page where I have my two stores listed. Once you click on either the International Store or the US Store you can see the products. I have it set up that way because, as a start-up, I don't want to invest in stock yet, so I'm using Print on Demand services. One is based in the US and the other in the UK. I wanted to have lower shipping rates in Europe to boost my market. What could be done better w/ my site layout?

·
Registered
3 Posts
You might want to make your product thumbnails larger. It's hard to see the designs before clicking on them. Also, I'll re-iterate that the banner image on the homepage is a great image to convey your brand, but it's just so big. Keep the most relevant action you want the user to take above the fold on your landing page.

I'm sharpshooting here, but your mockup images are obviously a flat digital design overlayed onto the same product images we all find on the t-shirt manufacturer's websites. Below are some great resources for mockups that look more realistic. At least until you can take your own product photos of the physical products. Your mockups don't have to look 100% like real life, but just a little bit of effort in the mockup makes them much more real in the eye of the user.

https://blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/articles/15-free-psd-templates-mockup-t-shirt-designs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.