T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Spaceman, if you don't know how to programme you do worse than find a pre-built e-commerce editor. There are loads available to try out on tucows - www.tucows.com - they'll provide template and you just need to edit the content/catalogue. Frontpgae, Dreamweaver et al are very expensive for what you get and do create alarmingly weird html. Coffeecup and AceHtml are software providers of html editors - the coffee cup html editor has a WYSIWYG function and they also have lots of ecommerce templates which you could look. I guess one of the issues is how big a range of products you're going to sell and how much you need to automate updating the catalogue. Also think abotu how you're going to manage payment, are you going to track orders, shipping etc?

I've built lots of ecommerce sites - some completely from scratch, others amending templates. These days I can't see a argument for building your own unless its really small scale or your needs are so bespoke they won't be covered by something out there. As for my t-shirt site, I've taken the cowards way out and am running a spreadshirt shop.

Hope that helps

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.