T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tom makes some good points. There is a lot to it anymore. Many think "I have a website, therefor I deserve money" and unfortunately its not that easy. The web site supports the direct mailings, in store promotions and social networking leads you get.. you have to play the current game to score (that was a horrible analogy)

I would also find a model. who do you know of who is doing well. Look at the source of their site, look them up in spyfu.com see how much they spend on advertising.. get hooked up with all the free tools (mostly google.com stuff) and a big second on the notion of integrating Google analytics.. you really must know where people are falling off your site.

Cam

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm presently looking into how to start a blog, but I'm a little technically challenged, so it takes me longer than others who are more advanced.I just had some upgrading done and plan more in the near future.Thanks for your comments.
This is part of the easy button approach I was speaking of.. True, you can start a blog at Blogger.com or wordpress in an hour or so.. but to integrate that blog into your site and use it as the content so that your efforts are streamlined and your work flow is as effective as possible.. it takes time. Making a blog and Flickr work for you not only on content management, but also on seeding the search engines is huge. If you do it right you get results in the long run.. but now without a blended marketing plan and a lot of leg work.

Best of luck to you.. and kudos for getting on the forums and doing your research.

Cam

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.