T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some lovely red Siser Electric material that I tested with today. I took a shot of a handcut triangle pressed on a Bamboo tee sleeve in hopes that you can see how shiny it is.

I cannot wait until this product is fully in stock in other colors. It looks great!

AB

Attachments

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
That looks awesome, I will need to get some of that too. Does anyone know if the electric vinyl will be more expensive. I guess it truly doesn't matter because the customers will gladly pay more for such a awesome product. Thanks for sharing. ..... JB

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're welcome!

I'm inquiring myself about the cost, as I'm not sure what it will be. Just looking at the material even before I pressed it showed how eye-catching it is. :)

If I can get more pics that are clear I'll post.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Update:

Specialty Graphics now stocks Siser "Electric" at $43.95 a roll and $4.10 a foot (before shipping and any applicable taxes). The available colors are: Electric Pink, Blue, Olive, Lime, Orange, Purple, and Lens. Red was not listed but they are checking into it.

Siser Electric will be on the Specialty Graphics site next week, but I have been advised that anyone can call them now to order if desired.

It's more costly than much of the heat applied materials, though I have seen one other material (that I also like very much, have tested and plan to use) that is twice the price of the Electric by roll and by foot.

For the pop the Siser Electric has, I would say to offer it as a high end "fashion" product on apparel. Attached are two more pics of hand cut triangles on a black cotton tee sleeve.

AB

Attachments

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I went to the ISS show in Chicago a couple weeks ago and they gave me a big sample of the pink electric from Imprintables Warehouse. Very nice stuff. The site is down again so I can't check the price. I don't think it was too much. Anyway, I did a couple shirts for an upcoming business expo I have a booth at so tonight I'll upload some pics. When you do two color, one being electric, and the other regular, it really makes the electric stand out. I'm going to be using a lot of it for the cheer stuff I do. My cheerleader daughters really like the way it looks. Adds a little bling to a regular cheer design. Kind of a satin finish.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very cool Greg!

I wonder if the Siser Electric and the Imprintables Electric are the same product?

Can't wait to see your pics.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Our colors are: Blue, Pink, Yellow, Lime, Red, Purple, Antique Gold, Orange & Metal.

Attached is a 3 dimensional look that I created with the Electric Orange over top of a puff.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Our colors are: Blue, Pink, Yellow, Lime, Red, Purple, Antique Gold, Orange & Metal.

Attached is a 3 dimensional look that I created with the Electric Orange over top of a puff.
Yep, very cool. One of your boys gave me a sample of the pink when I stopped at your booth at the ISS show in Chicago. I'm going to buy a few rolls of it shortly. Pretty cool stuff. I really like the
the new printed vinyl but it seems very expensive. I wanted to get a few rolls of camo and a couple of designs but I think I have to cut back on my wants.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Josh, was the puff screenprinted or a heat applied material?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The puff material is done with a heat press .I know this because I saw a post on Josh's information website www.heatpressthis.com that shows the product and tells how to do it. ... JB
Thanks JB. This is actually the material I thought it to be, CAD-Color Solutions Vintage Puff offered by Stahls.

I like that you've tried something different with it Josh! I was hoping that this puff could be used with cutters only, as the Stahls' site said it must be used with Solvent printers.

I will have to order some to test.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Josh,

That design of your with the puff and vinyl is great. Isaw your video using the twill. That was great. I don't know what made your think of that but it is impressive. Props to you.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Josh,

That design of your with the puff and vinyl is great. Isaw your video using the twill. That was great. I don't know what made your think of that but it is impressive. Props to you.
I enjoy creating new applications outside of the norm every once in a while - mainly to make my own shirts or hoodies:)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Great job, love the pink. I like the fonts you used for the C and for cheerleader, where did you gethen. I have several jobs coming up for a cheer group and the C would look great. If you don't mind me asking:)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
The c is called Varsity Regular. I believe I got it from dafonts.com. The script is from the Stahls CD I purchased. It's called scriptjet_2000. Pretty simple design, the electric vinyl makes it stand out. Like I said, the pics really don't do it justice. I have two daughters in cheerleading and all their friends on their squads want them now.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have the Stahl's CD also. I'm going to order some of the electric material today. My new GX-24 quit working right in the middle of doing 24 shirts for the McCain/Palin speech, since I live in Wasilla it's a VERY big thing and to have a new machine motor go out now is making my blood pressure go sky high. Since I have to send it to TX I have to now scamble to get shirts done some how. Oh well go on to something else. Thanks for the info.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts