T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys. Does anybody know a distributor of siser easyweed htv that sells 12" (305mm) rolls that's based in uk? I've just bought silhouette cameo 4 and 12" rolls would be best value for money solution, but so far I just found shops that offer a4 sheets and 500 mm rolls. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
4,277 Posts
yolo has 32cm rolls in 50cm, 500cm or 2500cm rolls
it is sef htv from france (good vinyl, cuts and weeds easy and lasts quite well)
link here

as an aside the cameo is what we have used from the start and we buy the 20" rolls
we use a cricut 12"x24" mat and gang the designs on the sheet
but since the cameo 4 has a built-in roll feeder, simply use your (or your neighbor's) mitre saw and cut the 20" roll into 12" and 8" rolls
then use the 8" on the roll feeder with a 4" spacer added (if needed) or on a mat for left chest/youth/kids/onesies designs

here are the calcs:

32cm roll x 500cm = 0.0017 pounds/sqcm
50cm roll x 10m = 0.00013 pounds/sqcm
13 times less money for a 50cm roll

even if you threw away the 8" roll you cut off, you would still be better off
30.5cm x 10m = 0.00021 pounds/sqcm
8.1 times less money

heck for that kind of savings simply cut with scissors and re-roll tightly,
or custom build a mitre box and cut by hand with a hacksaw (not a wood saw)

-

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your answer. That's a shame. I've seen many shops in Usa that sell them in that size of rolls. I'm guessing the reason behind it is that small cutters are more popular in there than in Europe. I've read that Siser is one of most durable and reliable HTVs, that's why I'm mostly interested in that brand. I guess I will have to start with a4 sheets or find a way to somehow trim rolls to 305 mm. Do you think trimming rolls is an option or it will cause some issues later on?

· Registered
4,277 Posts
Thank you for your answer. That's a shame. I've seen many shops in Usa that sell them in that size of rolls. I'm guessing the reason behind it is that small cutters are more popular in there than in Europe. I've read that Siser is one of most durable and reliable HTVs, that's why I'm mostly interested in that brand. I guess I will have to start with a4 sheets or find a way to somehow trim rolls to 305 mm. Do you think trimming rolls is an option or it will cause some issues later on?
see my post above yours, that i just finished editing

if you use siser, use the stretch (the regular easyweed is glossy and very plasticky feeling)

-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.