T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people,

I'm really disappointed with the current range of prints on hoodies so I figured I'd just design something myself.
However I'm not interested in getting like 400 hoodies printed simple because I don't want to get through the trouble or trying to sell it all and stuff like that (just yet ;)).

So my question here is: is there a way for me to make a design on my computer and then get it printed once* for a reasonable price? Of course I don't want it to fall off after the first time washing it so quality is important here...

Well thanks for any input

- Ruben

PS. I'd go for the whole iron-it-on paper thingie if it hadn't been for the fact that it'll only work with white or light-colored textile (and of course the whole hand-washing thing also sucks)...

* ...if it matters I might be able to get some 5 to 10 people interested, but that's about it I think.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick answer... I forgot to mention I'm outside of the US, will that be a problem?

:confused: - Ruben

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahh great! After you mentioned it I figured there would most probably be a link on the site, I noticed two flags in the upper right corner, clicking the right one will lead you do the international/european site.
The .com-site is actually for people from the US and the .net-one is for people outside of it...

Thanks lots man! I'll let you know when I get my stuff printed

:) - Ruben

PS. Regarding what I said about the hoodie-prints; I was actually referring to the prints on tee's and hoodies from band-merchandising. The prints in general are crap (as opposed to what was printed years ago) and are expensive like they're selling supershiny diamonds...:(

·
Registered
389 Posts
So are the designs bad or is the printing quality bad? Why are they bad?
I'm curious because I'd like to know what t-shirt buyers want.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I can't really tell you that much about the average quality of prints. There's this bandmerchandising-catalogue I get every 3months, it's filled with all sorts of metal-/rock-wear (shirts, hoodies, trousers, belts, pendants, etc), and I've noticed that there haven't been alot of good (well-designed) hoodie-prints in there lately, eventhough the prices have gone upwards like some top-designer's made 'em...
I also noticed that there have been fewer hooded sweaters in there then before.

About two or three years ago I ordered one hooded sweater from the catalogue (because I really was in dire need for a new one) and the print's still on it (a little eeny-weeny wearing out, but not nearly enough to mention). The sweater itself is also still really good...

So I'm the print-quality or textile-quality aren't the things I'm unsatisfied about... I think most customers just want shirts/sweaters to last, made out of good material. Besides that I guess that when it comes down to the prints it's something personal (except for those band-shirts which just have the bandname written in times new roman in a small upper right corner, still costing the same as all the others).

- Ruben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts