T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ! .

I plan to print white ink coloured slogans onto black tees .

I have a single colour screen press and from what i can gather . I have to paint my frame with photo sensitive emulsion . Burn my image onto it . Transfer the white ink over the design with a squeegy . Flash dry . Repeat . And my tshirt is done .

I plan to use 110 mesh , does this sound ok and if 110 is the correct mesh what type/ brand of white ink would you suggest

Any thoughts, help, tips or info would be greatly appriciated as im new to this and hoping to print my very first tee in the next few days

Thanks in advance . Phil :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey guys ! .

I plan to print white ink coloured slogans onto black tees .

I have a single colour screen press and from what i can gather . I have to paint my frame with photo sensitive emulsion . Burn my image onto it . Transfer the white ink over the design with a squeegy . Flash dry . Repeat . And my tshirt is done .

I plan to use 110 mesh , does this sound ok and if 110 is the correct mesh what type/ brand of white ink would you suggest

Any thoughts, help, tips or info would be greatly appriciated as im new to this and hoping to print my very first tee in the next few days

Thanks in advance . Phil :)

110 will be just fine(that's what I'd use). I use OneStroke white ink. It's creamy and lays down great! Also, if your white looks a little 'dull' you could always add a SMALL amount of blue to your white to make your print a little brighter. I would avoid doing that unless your white just looks bad. Haven't had to do that in a while, but it's helped me in the past. Hope this helps!:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone else have any hints or tips for me ?. Im a newbie so any hints or tips no matter how trivial will be greatly appreciated

thanks guys :)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Print/flash/print. Then cure. Then you're done. I assume you have a scoop coater to apply the emulsion. That's the only way to get a smooth, even coat. Otherwise the emulsion won't expose evenly. You will have a lot of question, so feel free to ask them. Someone is always willing to help on this forum. God Bless.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks jobe , ive a fair idea now of the process now , just wanted to check that print / flash / print then cure was the corect procedure . is it ever neccesery to do 3 prints or does 2 usualy sufice ?

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
white ink on black shirts is the most difficult printing to accomplish...in my opinion....there are so many things needed to be done correctly to achieve a smooth print....to begin with I wouldnt use a 110 mesh screen....I would go with a 156 or even a 230(I only use 230 for white)I can never get sharp edges with 110 screens.....also make sure you have the proper off contact and a tight screen...oh and push not pull for white.

Inked

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
You might want to do a YouTube search on applying emulsion. You don't exactly "paint" it on, and as another mentioned, you'll need a scoop coater. The alternative would be to use capillary film.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts