T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

playing with water based for customer that want "green" print.

It is different than plastisol, there is some adjuments to make in the separation due to the transparaency of the ink. + bag quality didn't help as well.

Next time will be better. :)

· Registered
1,097 Posts
This is awesome! I've been working on converting some of my multi-colored designs over to waterbased now. All single colors are WB already. It can be a bit tricky. Sometimes I get the screens sticking on top of the previous color print. I guess it just takes time to figure it out.

Can't imagine doing something like this though.

Was this wet on wet? I've experimented wet on wet and the screens stick even worse! :)

· Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Andy,

What brand of ink do you use ?
I have tested so many WB ink system not all are equal.

Natural bag is wow, same for black after the flashed white.

I will post today pic of 5 colors simulated on white garment. Long run, with 0 hassle during the print.

Last, don't hesitate to outsource some seps, and learn from people who seps all day.
Mitch Different release the only book I know about separation, even if there is many way to sep, there is good deal of info in it.

· Registered
522 Posts
This is awesome! I've been working on converting some of my multi-colored designs over to waterbased now. All single colors are WB already. It can be a bit tricky. Sometimes I get the screens sticking on top of the previous color print. I guess it just takes time to figure it out.

Can't imagine doing something like this though.

Was this wet on wet? I've experimented wet on wet and the screens stick even worse! :)
Andy thanks For the info I have samples coming , the girl that called me back on the phone knew who you were. Ha ha your famous.

You guys are making me jealous with your prints.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Hi Andy,

What brand of ink do you use ?
I have tested so many WB ink system not all are equal.

I use Permaset Supercover mostly. Great opacity, but I find it can stick to the screen when doing even loosely reg'd stuff.

Then again, maybe I just need to work on that more.

All my one color designs are now WB prints. Just looking towards the New Year and converting more multi-color prints to WB.

The Virus inks are still relatively new here, but I will be getting some samples after the Holiday rush is over.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
Andy thanks For the info I have samples coming , the girl that called me back on the phone knew who you were. Ha ha your famous.

You guys are making me jealous with your prints.
Ha! You talked to Megan then? I dunno if I am so much famous, as she probably doesn't like me much anymore since I've converted over to WB. I seriously wish they would start working on WB inks, cause they would nail it. But, of course, they won't. I guess they don't need to.

But yeah, their stuff is good stuff. All I ever used/use if I am going to use plastisol.

· Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think Virus will be @ next ISS show long beach in january, they have fantastic print samples.

I wanted to share an other one I print this week.

1. WUB - 230 - HYDRA WHITE 120 E
Flash
2. Grey - 305 - HYDRA 120
Flash (was not necessary)
3. H/L white - 305 - HYDRA 120

· Registered
522 Posts
Ha! You talked to Megan then? I dunno if I am so much famous, as she probably doesn't like me much anymore since I've converted over to WB. I seriously wish they would start working on WB inks, cause they would nail it. But, of course, they won't. I guess they don't need to.

But yeah, their stuff is good stuff. All I ever used/use if I am going to use plastisol.
Wish she would have sent some information on the inks with it , just makes things easier when you don't' have to go back and look for it or ask. Not like eveything drys at 320*

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.