T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,534 Posts
Simple software has the least tools for creating art. If you're just looking to do really basic art, then maybe something like Print Artist will work. Just make sure it at least is able to export to a supported format like ai, eps, or pdf. If not, then you'll be creating art that will be a problem come print time.

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Simple software has the least tools for creating art. If you're just looking to do really basic art, then maybe something like Print Artist will work. Just make sure it at least is able to export to a supported format like ai, eps, or pdf. If not, then you'll be creating art that will be a problem come print time.
Thanks
How about Hanes T Shirt Maker or something like that? I just want to print photos and text. Nothing too artistic or complicated.

· Registered
95 Posts
If by simple you mean inexpensive, GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program is free, as is Inkscape. Draw Freely. . I would recommend trying CorelDraw (they offer free trial) or Adobe (photoshop and Illustrator). Older full version of any of these can be had for under $100 and you would be much further along if the T-shirt thing takes off for you. Photoshop Elements would also work well of you are just doing pictures with some text and is an easier (and less expensive) version of photoshop.

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If by simple you mean inexpensive, GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program is free, as is Inkscape. Draw Freely. . I would recommend trying CorelDraw (they offer free trial) or Adobe (photoshop and Illustrator). Older full version of any of these can be had for under $100 and you would be much further along if the T-shirt thing takes off for you. Photoshop Elements would also work well of you are just doing pictures with some text and is an easier (and less expensive) version of photoshop.
Thanks
I've been using Elements for a while, so I'm used to it. I got it when I bought a WACOM pad. I just wanna keep it simple. I don't intend on doing anything extravagant.

· Registered
708 Posts
GimPhoto + GimPad is easier than just GIMP alone. You install GimPhoto first, then GimPad makes it act more like Photoshop and organizes the windows better. Make sure you follow the installation instructions closely, especially if you've ever installed plain GIMP or GimpShop before. GimpShop is older and a bit outdated now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.