T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

So after two months, many phone calls to Brother and every technician I could get a hold of, I got my machine up and running again. These issues are probably more generic than me asking about why swapping boards on machines wouldn't start up and then the mudslide of issues that were caused, but I digress.

Also I can not find my hand written guide on how to resolve these issues, all which involve trimming. Been looking all over for it like a madman, but I don't have time to keep looking.

Ironically all this has to do with trimming. I don't think it has to do with a general machine setting as each issue is only happening on one needle, on one head. More ironically, it wasn't doing number 3 yesterday.

1) When trimming, the tension disk on one needle keeps making a zipping sound. Tension looks more than appropriate when sewing and when looking at the back. This is more just it catches my attention then a quality issue.

2) When the one head is trimming the thread, in the exact same spots every time, it doesn't pull the top thread up. Almost like it isn't cut, but part of the time it is.

3) The other issue is odder to explain. It seems what keeps happening is that when it trims the thread, it somehow doesn't cut the top thread, but the trimming blade goes all the way up. That thread is then getting caught up and stopping the head from sewing properly.

I have removed the plate to ensure there is no blockage by the bobbin, bobbin tensions are all the same (I can change them and it still happens on that head), getting a good bobbin to top thread ratio.

Sorry if these are basic issues, I just literally have not run into them in a long time (2+ years) and do not remember what the resolution is.

Thanks as always guys!! :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to make sure the stop finger isn;t hitting the bobbin tail
Not sure which part you are referring to as the stop finger?

Once I finish sewing this job, if I remove the plate and snap a picture could you tell me which part I am looking to adjust and possibly how to adjust it as that does not ring a bell at all how I fixed this issue last time.

If not I can always call the technician who sold me the machine again, I just feel bad as I have talked to him almost daily the last two months.

Thank you for the feedback however! It is most appreciated. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.