T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of legal issues could I run into if I made a t-shirt with my own picture of a company's product?? More specifically a car.

Lets say I had a photoshoot with an interesting car of various states of modification. Could I print my photo onto a shirt and sell it?? Would this be violating any copywrites?

What if the Auto company's logo is ledgible in the picture??

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
teees.com said:
This is sort of a delicate matter. It will probably depend on how big a part the car is of the image. If the car may be looked upon as merely a prop in the photo you might be in the clear. I don't think there would be a problem if this was a portrait with a car as a backdrop. As Rodney, I am no lawyer, but i am a professional photographer, and I never worry about props as intellectual property. If you could pass the shirt off as (fine) art, you'll most likely be safe, though.
The car would be the main focus of the image. Its basically to cater to people who like those cars.

It would similar to if I photographed the picture below, edited a bunch of things and printed it onto a shirt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.