T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Hi Andy,
I have came across couple of your posts and love what you are doing! I noticed that you are also using the permaset supercover white as I'm also using it aswell.

At the moment I have the problem with printing white supercover. It is hard for me to get all the ink go through screen where the thin lines and small details are on stencil. I do only one hit/ flash/ one hit using 1/6 inches off contact. I can't seem to do 2-3 hits as it smudges the first hit I'm wondering how you do it. My mesh is 43T (METRIC). It would mean the world to me if you could help this as I've been trying everything last couple weeks and still can't get it right.

I'm wondering if you mix dilute the water with ink at all, squeegee angle (hard rubber), off contact? how you do 2-3 hits without smudging the first hit?

Thank you,
Kenz

· Registered
4,496 Posts
Hi Andy,
I have came across couple of your posts and love what you are doing! I noticed that you are also using the permaset supercover white as I'm also using it aswell.

At the moment I have the problem with printing white supercover. It is hard for me to get all the ink go through screen where the thin lines and small details are on stencil. I do only one hit/ flash/ one hit using 1/6 inches off contact. I can't seem to do 2-3 hits as it smudges the first hit I'm wondering how you do it. My mesh is 43T (METRIC). It would mean the world to me if you could help this as I've been trying everything last couple weeks and still can't get it right.

I'm wondering if you mix dilute the water with ink at all, squeegee angle (hard rubber), off contact? how you do 2-3 hits without smudging the first hit?

Thank you,
Kenz
PorkChop drops in now and then, but not as often as he used to, so he might not notice for a while. However, as someone who followed his example on printing SuperCover, perhaps I can get you pointed in the right direction.

43T is 110 by USA measure. PorkChop uses 158 (62T) to 180 (~71T). I use 200 (~80T). Using a mesh count along those lines gives you more control.

Typically I do two hits/strokes and then a flash. At that point all parts of the image should be visible, but not yet white enough.

This initial ink will partially absorb into the fabric. Once that base of ink is flashed, subsequent hits of ink will sit on top of it. If the entire image area is not printed before the first flash, then subsequent hits will continue to print unevenly, and the print may not work out.

After the first two hits and one flash, I do another hit and flash, and typically another hit and flash--depending on the shirt color, how the ink is printing, and how much I want the image to "pop."

Yes, one does want to add a bit of water to SuperCover in order to replenish the moisture it loses. But don't overdo it. I keep my working ink in a separate container from my bulk supply. That way I always have an example of what fresh ink looks like and can better judge how much water to add to rejuvenate my working ink.

With a higher mesh count and wet ink, you'll soon get a feel for it.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.