T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone wanna give me a hint as to how you get an order placed with these folks? I emailed them about a year ago for information on their process. Emailed them about 3 times for that info, and never got a response.
Now, emailed again on Friday to place an order (since y'all seem to use them and like them), and again - haven't heard from them.
I'm about to give up and go with another xfer company. This would be my first of many, many orders - as I am now getting ready to branch into colored shirts and onesies. Who else would you recommend? Guess he doesn't need the work.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
jacsma said:
Who else would you recommend?
First Edition has been getting a lot of positive recommendations lately. There was also a thread very recently in which a member contributed a dozen or two contacts for plastisol transfers, you should hopefully be able to find it with the search function in the top left.

jacsma said:
Guess he doesn't need the work.
I suspect that may actually be the case (obviously I have no idea what exactly is going on, but with cheap bulk prices and that kind of customer service I can only assume they're busy doing large volume orders).

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I contacted SMG more than a week ago. I got this guy on the phone, very gruff, like I just woke him up. I asked for samples and he said he would send some to me. mean time I received samples from 2 other companies. One of them is First Edition and I have been testing the some of the large amount of different samples they sent me with great results. I am very please. I sent them an email this weekend about a few cost and I am waiting for response. I may call them. I have a large school project I am bidding on. This would not only be better but cheaper than doing my own transfers. They sent me a binder filled with info. If you contact them tell the I recommended them. No Rodney I do not work for them. I am going to do some additional testing today as they sent me several types of formats.Oh and still waiting for SMG.. maybe he went back to bed.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
And because you stated that. I will not be using them. I think if we listen to others on this forum then we will not be making the same mistakes others have made. And save a lot of time and money. Thanks Jon.

·
Registered
302 Posts
When I was initially looking into plastisol months ago everyone was raving about SMG. I tried contacting them via e-mail 3-4 times and not once ever got a response.

SuzieH recommended Dowling Graphics (dowlinggraphics.com) and I have been super-pleased with their service and product. Everything about them is high quality.

·
Registered
302 Posts
badalou said:
I am also waiting for samples from Dowling. Real nice people. Hope like you say about their product. Thanks you Phil
I received my order from them on Friday. I did my very first press (ever) on Saturday afternoon. It went perfectly. I set the press to 375, high pressure and for 25 seconds. I let the transfer "cool" for about one minute and then peeled it off. The quality was amazing, you could BARELY feel the transfer on the shirt. Great company, great product.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
jacsma said:
Hmmm .... well at least I know it's not personal - :O)
Heh, indeed. In the past there were a lot of recommendations for them on the forum (though I did often wonder if that was because at the time they were just about the only place people knew of), but almost everyone who has tried contacting them recently has had problems. There were one or two people who got lucky - someone mentioned talking to someone more senior and having much better luck, so if you wanted to pursue it you could try searching the forums for that info. Though given how many customer complaints they've achieved recently, and given that there are alternatives, I can't imagine you're interested in chasing someone who may or may not come through.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually, I got an email from him (them?) this evening, asking about the artwork that I had sent in for the order. I don't mean to be ugly, but I think I'll just not reply to it at all, rather than emailing back to tell them they suck and I've changed my mind about using them.

Pam

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
If nothing else there's no point burning your bridges if things change in future.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts