T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a newby to the form. I am trying to decide which route I want to go with screen printing, vinyl cutting or heat press. I have many designs that I would like to see printed in silver or gold. Does anyone know if it is possible to get silver or gold inks to print heat transfers? Or are my options only screen and vinyl printing.
Any input will be greatly appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes...those are currently your options... screened inks or apparel vinyls. Unless you are going to do at least dozen(s) of the same phrase at a time, the best way for you to go would be to buy a cutter. The great thing I've found about the gold and silver metallics, is that you can put them on ANY color tee with fabulous results.

I had an area student/customer create a drawing of our 'famous' town hall building. When I had my supplier make the screened transfers for me, I chose to go with the gold metallic, CBCP (Crystal Back Cold Peel). This image looks fabulous on everything from black to white. It even looks great on yellow or gold shirts. Furthermore...although it is meant to peel cold for a bright glossy finish, I accidentally peeled it hot one time. I though "UhOh-now I'm in trouble!--I ruined this shirt!" BUT, quite the contrary, peeling it hot did indeed split the transfer-like a hot-split, but it looked great on the shirt. It was not glossy, it was more subtle, and looks more antique. It's been one of the most popular designs I've ever done.

I will use a metallic every chance I get!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the great info Chris.
Now you mentioned you have used screen printed transfers, have you had a lot of experience with the vinyl transfer as well? If so do you find you can get as good results as screen printed transfers. I am not looking to make a high volume of t-shirts but I really want to make top quality shirts even if it means having to dish out more money for screen printing equipment.
You also mentioned you had outsourced to get your design made into a screen printed transfer. I wondered in your experience if you can give me an estimate of how much it would cost to do that. I would think that would tend to get expensive.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Cost is basically dependent on quantity of transfers you order... As I am completely confused about posting regulations here... (my post yesterday looking for someone to help me with DTG printing was deleted), I don't think I can share this info with you on this forum, but if you can figure out how to email me privately, or even call me, I would be more than happy to talk with you at length. I have free long distance, I could even call you... are we allowed to exchange phone numbers?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts