T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm very close to getting my transfers made by SMG. Like I said in another post, I just want to make sure I am going about things the right way.

I only plan to sell black and white t-shirts, white-colored font/images on one and black-colored font/images on the other.

I'm going to have SMG do both the black and white transfers on Plastisol. Sound okay so far?

Now, image preparation for sending to SMG:

1. They say, "Please convert all fonts used in your artwork to either shapes, curves, outlines etc..."

Can someone clear this up for me? If I am saving in the proper file format like they ask (i.e. jpg, gif, ai...) is this relevant? I have been doing all image preparation in Macromedia Fireworks but I do own Adobe Illustrator. Should I "live trace" the image before I send it to them to print?

2. Image size - What I have been doing is changing the image size in Fireworks from pixels to inches so I can see how big the design is going to be on the shirt. I'm assuming any image I send to them needs to be the size I want it to be on the shirt or should I simply make sure the artwork is a vector image (.ai) and then instruct them as to how large the transfer should be?

Any help answering these questions would be great.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've used SMG many times and I just send them the .psd file with the text still as text. They have never said anything to me. I would also make sure you use 300 DPI when creating the image or it might not have smooth curves etc...

·
Registered
950 Posts
Since you have Adobe Illustrator, and you are working with one color fonts and graphics, I would use that program for your designing work and send them the .ai or .eps file. They can work with these files easily. You can tell them any size you may need, and don't forget that with Silver Mountain Graphics, there is no extra charge for putting more than one design, or size on the same transfer sheet. If it all fits on one sheet it's the same price. That could save you a lot of money if you group larger images or text with smaller images or text on the same sheet. These images or text do not have to be for the same shirt of course.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts