T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm very new to this life first off, so my knowledge of certain things is limited. Which brings the question....I would like to build my own conveyor dryer (like many have) I have a plan and design my only big question is how big should I make the drying chamber? I was thinking 4' but if I could "trim the fat" I will to save room and money. I guess another question is more for opinions and that is what is the optimal chamber length? Thank you for any and all help you are willing to give out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I do not have a conveyer dryer but I would look at other dryer sizes and the temps at which people run them. A bigger drying chamber would mean you can run your belt faster with a lower oven temp, which would be better for heat sensitive fabrics. Also If you’re printing water based you want a bigger chamber since the cure time is longer. Smaller chamber means you’ll need more heat and a slower belt.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Keep it as long as possible... I trained using a 20' gas fed forced air then went down to a 3' infrared-- what a shock and letdown... no more discharge and always on the lookout for scortch or worse, uncured! I'd find a way to eek out another foot and go to 5 especially there isn't a forced air component, but that's me... to some degree it depends on your volume and the the garments you plan on doing... just remember, I thought I'd be doing mainly tees, but often do more hoodies than tees depending on the season...

A last thought, don't skimp on belt width either... if you plan on doing commercial volume, 30" is the bare minimum width i would go...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts