T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading an article quite some time ago and it mentioned something about a quality screen-printing ink imported from france. I was unable to track down the article and yesterday after reviewing a new designer line I noticed they mentioned in their bio that they use high quality screen-print ink from france(along with other embellishment dexcriptions). They of course did not mention the name of the ink or whom it's from.

Does any one have any idea of what this could possibly be?

Opulent

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
It's probably just marketing hype, although I've heard French paint is still some of the best in the world, so it might not be bollocks. Still, I'm inclined to think it's just being done on the same basis as the Rare Ingredient in foodie culture. The only French screenprinting ink I've used is crap, so I don't have any recommendations, sorry.

Either way quality wise, depending on where you're located I can't imagine it would be worth the cost of importing.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Turns out I'm an idiot for not one, but two reasons. One, the ink I was referring to above (Lascaux) isn't French, it's Swiss. Two, it isn't crap, it's great. I was confusing it for another ink.

That still doesn't help you at all with your actual question, but hopefully someone will notice this pop up again and know something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts