T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be in over my head here but I'm going to ask anyway. I did some shirts for a charity organization's fundraising event that's coming up this weekend. They wanted to know if I could print the same image onto a bank deposit bag that they're using to collect all the funds. The bag is water resistant 3-ply nylon.

Cure time?
Any additives to the ink?
Should I even ATTEMPT this!? :)

Thank you!

· Registered
543 Posts
Always test a sample before excepting a job when your doing something you are inexperienced at.

As for the print itself look into the additive "Nylobond" Im sure it would work great but not sure as you mentioned the substrate is "water resistant."

Good luck!

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Always test a sample before excepting a job when your doing something you are inexperienced at.

As for the print itself look into the additive "Nylobond" Im sure it would work great but not sure as you mentioned the substrate is "water resistant."

Good luck!
Thank you for your reply. I actually donated the shirts I did to the charity and they just asked me if I might be able to do it. I wasn't committed to anything, thankfully!

I just let them know that I thought the bag might melt before the ink cured so I didn't feel comfortable doing it. It wasn't within my time or budget constraints to get Nylobond but I'm so glad to know it's there should that opportunity arise again. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.