T-Shirt Forums banner

Silicone Inks

3082 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  formcor
Anybody have any experience with silicone screen inks ( such as Union 'Silextreme')? I am thinking mainly for use on performance polyester and sublimation dyed sportswear.

I like the idea, but the thought of adding a catalyst and the 3 day shelf life doesn't appeal.

Are they effective at blocking dye migration?
Is there a compelling reason why I should or shouldn't be using them?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Silicone screen printing is one of the most expensive printing technology. However, it is the most preferable choice of many famous brands in the world.
The process of silicone screen printing is like normal printing technology. However printers use silicone ink instead of water base ink. It is made of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen and silicon atoms as well as other ingredients. It is highly elastic so the silicone printing can be stretched and then returns to its original shape. Silicone screen printing works well with 100% cotton fabrics, 100% polyester fabrics, 15% spandex fabrics and denim fabrics.
The new silicone ink does not contain phthalate, formaldehyde or PVC so they are friendly with workers, customers and the environment.
Drying temperature is from 120 to 150 degree Celsius. It has high heat resistance so you can iron it directly without destroying the print. Moreover, a silicone printing garment has an excellent durability. It can stand all wash tests.
Using silicone ink to print on garment make the garment look bright, soft and durable. It is highly glossy and has great flexibility as well as excellent durability. Therefore it is still used by many screen printing manufacturer although its cost is more expensive than other printing technology.

I just known these about Silicone Ink printing.
See less See more
Reactions: 2
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.