T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have had the Silhouette cutter for a while now but have recently decided to upgrade to a bigger cutter the CE5000-60.

I have designs in Silhouette Studio that I would still like to use but when trying to cut them on the C5000 - 60 Silhouette Studio is coming up with an error saying it is unable to connect to the cutter.

Is there any way that I can still use these files with my new cutter?

Many thanks

· Registered
2,977 Posts
If you have Coreldraw or adobe illustrator you can copy & paste those files into either AI or CDR format that will work with your cutter. I have the ce5000-60 and love it. Right now there aren't any drivers yet for CDR x 6 so I still have to use my older versions, but I've never had or used Silhouette so I can't help with that.

· Registered
278 Posts
If you have Coreldraw or adobe illustrator you can copy & paste those files into either AI or CDR format that will work with your cutter. I have the ce5000-60 and love it. Right now there aren't any drivers yet for CDR x 6 so I still have to use my older versions, but I've never had or used Silhouette so I can't help with that.
That doesn't work Loretta, I recently got a ce5000 and was hoping for the same thing as all artwork is setup in SS, but it doesn't copy paths.

The annoying thing is, the designer edition upgrade allows you to open .SVG files which is fantastic, but doesn't allow you to save as or export!

Helena, you will probably have to re-create all the artwork in AI or CDR, personally i'm more comfortable with AI.
Raj

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.