T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I just had some questions regarding sublimation printers. I have been making shirts, signs, etc with a Silhoutte Cameo and htv for several years now. I’m doing really well with a small side business, but there are some limitations to heat transfer vinyl. I was just wondering what kind of sublimation printer you would recommend for someone just starting out. It would mainly be used on T-shirt’s. Also, would I print and cut, or simply print and heat press? Thank you so much for any advice or opinions.

· Registered
38 Posts
While if you want to print t shirts than screen printing is one of the best method for it. screen printing machines are available and it will help develop printing t shirts. At the same time if you are having confusion in silhouette cameo and sublimation printer than both are having heat transferring process. So its better to stay on silhouette cameo or move towards screen printing.

· Registered
4,498 Posts
There are two different paths.

A solvent printer (not sublimation) that can print onto HTV that you would then cut and press onto shirts (or onto other types of vinyl for use as signs, stickers, whatever).

Or a printer with sublimation inks that you print onto paper and then heat press onto a shirt. No cutting required. Shirt has to be polyester, and has to be white for the image to print true colors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.