T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a very simple logo i wish to cut out of white vinyl on a Silhouette Cameo and press on a black tee,its drawn in illustrator, i didn’t have the font so i re drew around it accurately, and it has a basic rounded rectangle around it.

The cameo trace option isn’t making nice curves though ! this machine can cut very intricate designs, so surely it can create a simple curve,it also for example isn’t creating the letter ‘M’ very well and this has no curves in it, or there are 2 letter O’s one looks terrible the other not so bad, but these are copy and pasted when creating in illustrator, they are the same letter.

Does anyone know where I’m going wrong?

· Registered
148 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. The trace thing isn't consistent. I usually trace different parts of a picture separately, and try them over and over until I get one with good curves. Also if you get it mostly good with just one or two small problems, you can double click on the line (I think) and it changes to a point to point thing you can adjust.

· Registered
8 Posts
If you have the Illustrator file, you can just export the design from that to the Silhouette Studio software. No need for tracing or anything. I do it everytime I cut my designs for t-shirts.
I've never used the trace option though.. Pen tool gives you much better result and it's pretty easy once you know how to use it. I do all of my designs in Illustrator.

· Registered
3 Posts
When you get the trace area selected you will see on the panel on the right hand side.
You will see an adjustment bar called Scale if you bring that to 1 it make the lines tighter around the image you are trying to copy. You can also untick the high pass

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.