T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Debz, the plugin seems pretty straightforward anyway, certainly for the cutting side.

I don't use the cameo much as I find it easier to use my main cutter however I think this will make it more viable for those quick jobs.

· Registered
262 Posts
Software for the cameo is great to do small things(i havent tried anything over 12 x 14 yet).. I would suggest getting the upgrade with the rhinestones. But the cameo is actually pretty good for such a small cutter. Ive cut flock,felt, and sticky flock on it with no problems. But the software is very very easy to pick up and use.

· Registered
203 Posts
I am looking to purchase my Silhouette Cameo this week as I'm looking to create t shirts via vinyl and "maybe" via water based inks. I am brand new to this, just graduated graphic and web design program and was trained to use Illustrator. I was "thinking about" getting a version of Corel Draw possibly because many old school printers use it or Flexi Sign. With this being known, do I need to purchase any or all of the UPGRADES that are offered from this company, Specialty Graphics Supply? Here's what they offer as add ons: Silhouette CAMEO 12" Digital Vinyl & Craft Cutter

· Registered
135 Posts
This is my problem to cameo. The S. studio is so easy to use, but the features is limited. I need plug in to adobe illustrator because it so difficult to trace my design from illustrator to S. studio. Once i trace my design, the cutting line is not that accurate.

Help me guys, is there any free plugins to adobe illustrator?

· Registered
37 Posts
This is my problem to cameo. The S. studio is so easy to use, but the features is limited. I need plug in to adobe illustrator because it so difficult to trace my design from illustrator to S. studio. Once i trace my design, the cutting line is not that accurate.

Help me guys, is there any free plugins to adobe illustrator?

Not free that I know of but there are a couple of plugins that work in Corel and Illustrator -

Cutwizard and Silhouette Connect

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.