T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
825 Posts
just got my silhouette.and my blade has to be set to 0, otherwise it cuts threw vinyl/coversheet and mat. is this normal?
Absolutely not. I have mine set to 3, then I set the software to:
Media : Silhouette Vinyl
Speed: 8
Thickness: 9

This works for most any brand of vinyl. To cut transfer paper, I back the "Thickness" to 7 or 6.

Hope this helps.

CalhTech>

· Registered
825 Posts
speed and dept 8 and 9
but if i set blade at 2 or 3 like suggested it cuts threw everything. I ruined my cut mat
Wow, I think there is a problem with your cutter. I have my blade set at 7 before and never cut THROUGH the mat. I cut in to the mat but not through it. Do you have another blade to try. Also is the CUTTING MAT option ticked. It needs to know you are using the mat when cutting. Other wise I don't know. May need to put in a call to tech support. Good luck.

CalhTech>

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, I think there is a problem with your cutter. I have my blade set at 7 before and never cut THROUGH the mat. I cut in to the mat but not through it. Do you have another blade to try. Also is the CUTTING MAT option ticked. It needs to know you are using the mat when cutting. Other wise I don't know. May need to put in a call to tech support. Good luck.

CalhTech>
i just ordered another mat. the blade cuts out my designs just fine so long as i ave blade set at 0..... and no i dont have another blade

· Registered
1,069 Posts
<Snif><Snif> I thought I said that too :))CalhTech>
Oh my goodness. You must feel so slighted. Here's a tissue. Know that I'm deeply sorry and extremely embarrassed for my oversight and I promise it'll never happen again.

Your response was so poetically stated, so moving, so...there are no words to describe how enlightening and life-affirming they were, and how devastated I am that I hadn't noticed them till now. I shall throw myself off a bridge, I'm so ashamed. :(

Think well of me when I'm gone....

· Registered
825 Posts
Oh my goodness. You must feel so slighted. Here's a tissue. Know that I'm deeply sorry and extremely embarrassed for my oversight and I promise it'll never happen again.

Your response was so poetically stated, so moving, so...there are no words to describe how enlightening and life-affirming they were, and how devastated I am that I hadn't noticed them till now. I shall throw myself off a bridge, I'm so ashamed. :(

Think well of me when I'm gone....
Wow, tears really do work!!! :)))

CalhTech>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.