T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting an error message of "All tiles are deactivated" and the logo isnt shown on the signcut screen.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks

A bit of background, ive downloaded a JPG, converted it to PDF to load in Inkscape, then saved it as SVG before loading it into Signcut X2.

I dont have coreldraw or illustrator so i need to work with what ive got.

PS. I used neevia online converter to get the PDF.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone, just downloaded a demo of Illustrator but still no joy.

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Yes they do require vector files you're correct. The term EPS is a format that the vector is saved as. EPS=encapsulated post script. ..... JB
I know but the original file was a jpg converted to a pdf, which isn't the same as vectoring. Convert the jpg to pdf, svg, or an eps file and it's still a bitmap inside a vector container.

edit: also, you don't need Illustrator to create eps files.

·
Registered
311 Posts
There is no reason to think, that the Neevia converter converts jpg files to vectors.

Why convert to PDF before you enter the bitmap into Inkscape? There is no idea in doing this.
The Cairo PDF converter, which in addition to what other PDF/PS converters can, also converts Inkscape blur to raster, comes included with Inkscape. There is no reason to use external programs for this. When setting up Inkscape, Ghostscript should also be installed, so you should actually have two possibilities if you want PDF output.

Was the file traced and converted to vector in inkscape?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts