T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please.
I cannot get "paths" for my pictures & words for ai
I am creating in ai and nothing shows in paths. I have layers but no paths and when I send to signcut it just opens a grey area. Or I was able to save one but it only opened the one layer of the file. Anyone help?? I need to get my first order made!!

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Try flattening everything to one layer. Set the text to curves and save it out as an older version, like 8. See if that works.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok - I was able to get a few designs to go in. One with help one all by myself BUT
Now I cant get outlines -like I need a gap between the lettering and then an empty space then an outline. I tried to copy a design from photoshop and then trace over the outline but it only shows a line not a cut out object that will make the border.
Does winpc work better for doing fun outlines and such??

·
Registered
462 Posts
Well, SignCut does not have any design features and only accepts vectorized files, and Photoshop is a raster image program, so are you sure your .ai files are completely vectorized before getting them in to SignCut?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, SignCut does not have any design features and only accepts vectorized files, and Photoshop is a raster image program, so are you sure your .ai files are completely vectorized before getting them in to SignCut?
Hi,
I was. I have played a bit and the outlines need to be a bit larger to have it read it. I have been able to do a bit with it - just takes a bit of learning time.

I'm not quite understanding the layering though...
I created a photo, 2 layers for an overlay and i checked to make sure the sizes are showing different for each color - they were, but when i cut it, it offset the top/bottom edes but the others were not done?? I was able to just cut it bu hand since it was a straight edes but I would like to figure it out - waisted about 6 ft - Grrrr

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hi,
I was. I have played a bit and the outlines need to be a bit larger to have it read it. I have been able to do a bit with it - just takes a bit of learning time.

I'm not quite understanding the layering though...
I created a photo, 2 layers for an overlay and i checked to make sure the sizes are showing different for each color - they were, but when i cut it, it offset the top/bottom edes but the others were not done?? I was able to just cut it bu hand since it was a straight edes but I would like to figure it out - waisted about 6 ft - Grrrr
I am not really good with layering either as I have not been trained on this, or graphic design- mainly just on configruing our cutters to communicate with the software.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts