T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a Roland GX-24 and I have been using Signblazer Elements for my vinyl cutting software for a PCut-630. My problem is the origin for the Pcut is on the right hand side (facing the cutter) but the origin for the Roland is on the left. How can I get Signblazer to change the origin (I have it set to the Roland GX-24 in the settings)?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Why would you want to keep using Signblazer software? That would be the main reason I'm likely to upgrade from my USCutter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you use? Signblazer is a huge step up from Cutstudio and Artcut and does a heap of simple stuff that Photoshop does. I am only using the Trial version at present.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I will say hat the cut studio is a decent program, but I understand want to use another software if you're used to it. I still use my old cutter software with my Roland GX24. I have not used the signblazer though. The main difference is with cut studio,I use less vinyl because of where the cut starts. I think with other software other than Roland you may experience this too. ... JB

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the posts however my original problem remains:
My problem is the origin for the Pcut is on the right hand side (facing the cutter) but the origin for the Roland is on the left. How can I get Signblazer to change the origin (I have it set to the Roland GX-24 in the settings)?
Help on that would be good.
Cheers:)

·
Registered
462 Posts
I do not think you can set the origin for the Roland through the software. Can you set the origin on the Roland itself?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wondered about that but if the Pcut cuts from right to left with images, and the Roland cuts from left to right. If I set the origin of the Roland to the left hand side would it not want to cut further to the left?

·
Registered
462 Posts
I wondered about that but if the Pcut cuts from right to left with images, and the Roland cuts from left to right. If I set the origin of the Roland to the left hand side would it not want to cut further to the left?

If you have the Roland driver selected, I would think it would know that your cutter cuts from left to right, and cut the proper way.

I could be wrong though....

·
Registered
590 Posts
I am trying to do the same thing. I just got my GX 24 and want to use signblazer with it until I can upgrade to illustrator. Are you able to make any cuts from signblazer to the GX24? or can you transfer your saved vectors from the SBD file to cutstudio? Any help would be awesome!

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
462 Posts
I know the Elements version we bundle with our units does not have Roland drivers, but the Pro version does, so I assume the topic starter had the Pro version.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In order to swap Axis, and I think this is what you need, just follow this instructions:
Setting up the Roland GX-24 for Axis Swap
By default, the new Roland GX-24 plotter is setup for cutting from left to right, rather than cutting down the length of the roll. Most sign specific software, such as SignLab, FlexiSign, and ProDeSIGN expects the orientation to run the length of the roll. Roland calls this Rotate 0 or Rotate 90. To change the default, follow these instructions:
Load material in the machine.(the display will say SETUP SHEET, and ROLL
P
ress ENTER
(Note that the cutting head will stop on the left hand side of the machine.)
Press MENU button twice
Press DOWN ARROW once (the top of the display says CONDITION)
Press the RIGHT ARROW once (the top of the display says FORCE)
Press the UP ARROW twice (the top of the display says ROTATE)
Press the RIGHT ARROW once (the bottom of the display says 0 deg)
Press the DOWN ARROW once (the bottom of the display says 90 deg)
Press ENTER
Press the MENU button twice (the top of the display says UNSETUP)
Press ENTER (the display says SELECT SHEET >ROLL)
Press ENTER

(Note that the head will now scan the size of the vinyl and stop on the right side of the material.)
THAT'S IT!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts