T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really hate wearing t-shirts with sideseams. Does the t-shirt buying public feel the same, or are they more accepting, or actually prefer?

What's the difference between the Gildan G200 series and the G2000?

Which neckline do women prefer for decorated t-shirts?

I've always worn 100% cotton, does poly/cotton have better color retention and less shrinkage? Is poly/cotton ok for HTV or best to stick with 100% cotton?

Thanks,

gary

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, Frank. We'll check those out.

I wish someone (or several someones) would chime in about sideseams. I've only found two lady's cut, all cotton, crew neck tees that don't have them. I'd think they'd be even more irritating with a form-fitting cut. Maybe a person gets used to it.

gary

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see that both of those are sideseamed so apparently women find them acceptable.

· Registered
24 Posts
I don't ever mind a side seam- I don't think that is a thing to worry about. Also many women fitted shirts will be really snug and you might get returns because they are too tight-I am using a unisex shirt because of that. But my audience is moms so if you are targeting younger women you might be fine.

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I guess it's either not possible or too expensive/complex to vary the shape of the tube. I thought two of the ladies tees didn't have side seams because it wasn't mentioned in their descriptions. I found a good hi-res shot of one of them clearly showing a side seam so the other probably has them as well. Thankfully, I don't wear them :)

We thought about the restrictions that offering only fitted tees would impose and planned to offer both fitted and unisex as choices. Elena has been so busy with work and making another item she sells that t-shirts are still mostly in the thinking/testing stage.

gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.