T-Shirt Forums banner

Showcase your working DIYDTG BUILD..

[DIY DTG] 
47K views 99 replies 36 participants last post by  joshuajavier 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought i would post a new thread for those to post there working diydtg builds, this will allow builders to share there ideas and innovation in one thread.. The diydtg builds have come along way since i first started in 2010 and you tube is littered with them now!! this will give the potential builders a great format of innovation.. hopefully we will see alot of vids, info, and commentary on the diydtg builders/users experience..:) post em up.. This should be a very exiting year for advancments in machines as they evolve into advanced simplified designs..;) lets get some excitement going on in here again and take it to the next level..

#33 · (Edited)
Here is my new toy......finaly......epson 2100

[media]http://i45.tinypic.com/zobhu.jpg[/media]

t-shirt platen and frame

[media]http://i48.tinypic.com/33o445u.jpg[/media]

front

[media]http://i46.tinypic.com/5z1t8g.jpg[/media]

it is not finished yet, i need to paint box and close it all arround...video will be soon

Special thanks to German13, SpiderX, and all guys who helped me....but my biggest thanks to my good friend Baldor(god bless you man)

#34 ·
Sorry guy nothing will happened with my 2100 dtg, ciss is bad ny epson doesnt recognize chips on cartrages. 3 are ok but 4 not. so in my whole country i cant find to buy ciss for 2100, and we still dont have paypal working so my project is dead.....if anybody can help me please PM to my inbox

thanks to all of you

#40 ·
i made it but now i have other problem, when i send print file to printer and he start with head cleaning and head filling, before it finish that, on my computer come sound like i shut down printer,and he goes again in calibrating mode.....
if someone know what it can be please let me know.....

thanks to all

#42 ·
I forgot to take the video from below to show it drive mechanism while it is printing, so here it is another video

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR7sptNqetA[/media]Btw I called this baby Discovery-Jet :) maybe because I discover the drive system or because I am using STM32F4 Discovery for the motherboard.

FINISH!!
I will add any other necessary sensors and etc...
I just need to make a new aluminum frames this frames wasn't intended to use for printing it is just for testing purposes only.

#43 ·
I forgot to take the video from below to show it drive mechanism while it is printing, so here it is another video

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR7sptNqetA[/media]Btw I called this baby Discovery-Jet :) maybe because I discover the drive system or because I am using STM32F4 Discovery for the motherboard.

FINISH!!
I will add any other necessary sensors and etc...
I just need to make a new aluminum frames this frames wasn't intended to use for printing it is just for testing purposes only.
Nice Job! congrats:)

#52 ·
If your using the pe switch it must be triggered right at the same time the bed moves to intiate the print.. its best to have the pe mounted so the bed triggers it at the exact movement..

Additionally if your using the pe switch (sheet mode) remove the pw sensor from the head (underneath refer to service manual) this will eliminate errors the head sees something under the head when its not supposed to it will error, bright lights etc will also make it read false and error.. be removing the sensor it reads the same voltage all the time making it think theres nothing there but it will still print when triggered by the pe.. in most cases this senario will need to be operated by a rip software which doesnt use the pw in the driver like epsons driver.. hope it helps..:)

#57 · (Edited)
I removed the pw sensor,mounted the pe in front of bed for exact movement...
but...No luck.. still light error.

pe new location - YouTube

one question? after power-on the printer,the ASF gear supposed to rotate(flag of the ASF sensor
wheelcomes free from the notch on the ASF sensor.)
because my ASF doesn't moved.or this is only when printing.
thank you

ASF - YouTube
I think elitesq will be a great help to you as he has just built the same printer, you might want to pm him and colaaborate..

On start up in sheet mode you dont want the platen in, so remove or pull the platen out then start the machine! the pe should not be triggered on start up only with printing!! after you get it started and green light then push platen to position as shown in your video and send a print job and it should print.. you have to think of it, and set it up like a stock printer, so thinking of it that way the stock printer would not feed a sheet of paper and trip the pe on startup! so it needs to be set up the same as stock form would act.. hope you understand the concept im trying to explain..

rollmode is another whole operation method and its best to understand how it works before proceeding and this is where elitesq should be able to help you.. optimally you would need a control box in rollmode to make it function 100% as it should as normal, again elitesq can explain this to you aswell..:) good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.