T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YOUR OPINIONS PLEASE!!!

FOR THOSE OF US OUT THERE THAT CANT AFFORD $600 for a 15 x 15 name brand heat press thats preferred by that mass as the best and best made which i also believe is true ...but at the moment cant afford ...but would like to start pressing soon as possible ...and dont know when i would ever be able to afford $600 do to my current Financial status...so i have to cut back an settle for cheaper...as alot of us also have to do!! and i prefer to start off with a 15 x 15 or bigger to make the products that i have in mind
like example this cheaper heat press ?

one is a 15x15 and the other is a 16x20 heat press…with different features I believe …but no picture for the 16x20…

15 x 15 Flat Digital Heat Press Transfer Machine T-shirt Sublimation Print [Flat Heat Transfer Machine] - $249.99 : Superjet USA! - Continuous Ink System : Superjet USA!, Online Printer Ink Super Store Continuous Ink System : Superjet USA!, Online Pr

16 x 20 Flat Digital Heat Press Transfer Machine T-shirt Sublimation Print [HP-FU-1620] - $374.99 : Superjet USA! - Continuous Ink System : Superjet USA!, Online Printer Ink Super Store Continuous Ink System : Superjet USA!, Online Printer Ink Super

can i get everyones opinion on this do you think that having (anything less) then the basic name brands from the start like Hotronix ,Mighty Press, Geo Knight etc. is a waste of time and money and will make a person less successful using a cheaper heat press for a few months at least untill they can make enough money from off of the cheaper heat press to afford a better heat press...

my question is basically …is it not best to start at all untill you can afford the higher prices name brand heat press versions

·
Registered
110 Posts
SHIRTS etc
If it helps, you could look at getting a HIX hobby press, 9x12, which works fine for experimenting and small jobs while you get started and see if its worth upgrading.

I use this one as a backup for my two Swingman 15x15 presses that get a lot of use and occasionally need to be serviced. It's saved my life many a time!

Cheers and good luck.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it helps, you could look at getting a HIX hobby press, 9x12, which works fine for experimenting and small jobs while you get started and see if its worth upgrading.

I use this one as a backup for my two Swingman 15x15 presses that get a lot of use and occasionally need to be serviced. It's saved my life many a time!

Cheers and good luck.

Think you ...

but for my niche maket clientele that would be to small...i have spoke with many of my potential customers (MOM & POPs shop owners )about this and its unanimous all wont bigger designs !

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Dear Samantha,

There is a group of folks that have gotten a thread together for folks in your situation. They either didn't want to buy a high dollar press, or couldn't buy one in the size they wanted due to $$.

Here is the thread, it will help you, trust me. You will find the recommended model of press in there that folks generally had/have good luck with. Sunie is the name that comes to mind. They talk about where to save money buying this press.
http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t36141.html#post210939

Some names of folks that I know that have bought off brand presses and were happy are Billm75 and Mrdavid. They are in this thread. Once you look the thread over, ask the folks what you need to know.

Another alternative is to check the classifieds section of this forum. Folks will list their presses that they upgrade from, or presses that they no longer find they use, and there are some Great Deals in there.

As well, I know at least two folks have posted that they bought good presses at garage sales for $20!! That's right, and one of them was a 16x20.

There are ways, and alternatives, to buying equipment without dropping the big nickels for the brand name presses retail.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you end up getting the Super Jet USA16" x 20" Digital Heat Press Machine Transfer T-Shirt Sublimation Print?I'm wondering if it worked well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts