T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tshirt project that has a white color design to be printed in a brown shirt..i was wondering if I could use water-based textile ink without having to do a second layer? Is this possible? or what type of paint do I need to do only 1 layer of white or light color paint to dark color fabrics? (except plastisol)

I just find it hard doing recoating...any suggestions would be appreciated.

By the way, what are the different types of textile paints used in fabrics? Can you enumerate them and list their pros and cons?

thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I started using textile inks and here is what I found out. First off I love the way they print and wash, after wash they soften up and really move with the shirt as if they were dyed. They aren't as thick as the plastisol so you defently have to do 2 prints, because of this I have switched to plastisol.(b/c of time and frustration) Also a big problem with water based textile inks is that they dry very quickly on the screen and clog, so you have to wash them almost between every print unless your quick. Hope this helps some. By the way I was using Speedball textile inks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts