T-Shirt Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
15,761 Posts
You need not get into the designing mess. It is better to let customers design their apparel, you receive the print file, print the same and ship. This is called custom printing. For this, you need custom product design software that integrates into your online store.
Wrong. Never trust a recommendation from someone who is in the business he is recommending. A brand does not let their customers design their own apparel. Most won't know how. And most weren't attracted to your site in the first place based on self-design.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wrong. Never trust a recommendation from someone who is in the business he is recommending. A brand does not let their customers design their own apparel. Most won't know how. And most weren't attracted to your site in the first place based on self-design.
If you don't have personal knowledge of the custom printing/customized/personalized products, it's ok to skip an answer and move on. Please don't misuse your power and misguide the forum members.

·
Registered
140 Posts
if all you're doing is text, then just learn how to edit text. you can work with off the shelf fonts and add drop shadows, or stretch them 3D etc. compared to photoshopping and drawing, simple text is EASY. just work with PGNs that have a transparent background and use higher resolution (unless you're using a vector program)

you can also do all sorts of fancy text effects at sites like these:
Online Text Logo Design Generators
&
Animated 3D logos and texts generator

it still helps to have a good eye for composition, but you could always run concepts by the community for feedback. funny how you'd rather do marketing when a lot of us artists hate that part more than anything. i'd say proper marketing is even more important than the details of how your designs are made. if no one knows about you, they can't buy your tees, so at least you have a handle on an important but not glamorous part of your business. don't give up on your marketing efforts.

·
Registered
140 Posts
affinity is supposedly the new "adobe killer", but I found my old manga studio software to be very capable and right now, i'm losing my mind testing FREE krita and sketchbook on my galaxy tablet and loving drawing directly on my screen FINALLY after decades of lusting for a wacom ($$$$). there are some really good freeware programs out there... just avoid gimp unless you like doing EVERYTHING the hard way.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts