T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, I am new here and I am here because I believe you guys can give me some decent advice. I live in Slovakia and we have photolab where we decided to have dye sublimation as minor bussiness. Now, we have 2 printers Epson D88 and 1400. We have third Epson 1400 in a row, because we always had problems with it. First we used Grawerton inks (made in Poland) but we still have problems like no printing of black color, blue color and so on. We have changed it to Artainium inks and whole new 1400 but results arent good aswell. Well, results were nice, but after few months (maybe 3) it started to print red color on greyscale. I have red shadows on portrait and so on. That Epson D88 runs still on Grawerton ones and performs nice. But we need 1400 for A3 puzzles. We have small shop (40 sq meters or so) and there is 26-30 degrees celsius of heat 365 days a year and 19 inch CRT monitor is just next to the printer. Can it have any bad influence on printer ? Should we change printer or inks ? please help ... thanks in advance

·
Registered
381 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

One variable that plays a huge roll with dye sublimation (or any inkjet workflow) is humidity. Dry air will cause problems with clogging. We have a climate controlled shop that is kept between 50% - 53% humidity. We have found this to be a nice range. If we go below 50%, then we start to see clogging issues. If we go over 60% we have paper feeding and drying issues.

Your monitor will not cause a problem. Be sure you do not have a CPU cooling fan blowing on the printers. Print something daily from each printer.

·
Registered
675 Posts
You mentioned you are using ArTainium inks. Are you using a bulk ink system? How is your nozzle check? Also, did someone walk you through changing the setting on your computer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I am using bulk ink system. Nozzle check is fine, but when I try to print greyscale or just black box it turns a bit to red color. And yes I have tried many computer settings, Artainium recommended ones and mine too.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Yes, I am using bulk ink system. Nozzle check is fine, but when I try to print greyscale or just black box it turns a bit to red color. And yes I have tried many computer settings, Artainium recommended ones and mine too.
Hi. Even without using colour correction profiles, the colours shouldn't be that much adrift. Blacks tend to have a slight blue tinge rather than red, when colour correction isn't being applied. I would suggest having another look at your nozzle check, as it would indicate the black isn't coming through in enough volume.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We've run several nozzle checks, head cleanings and so on and it seems that main issue is ink clogging of dark blue. Maybe its because of humidity in our shop mentioned above. Now I am looking for some cheap method of measuring humidity if its really that bad ...

·
Registered
35 Posts
HI,
we are using,or used an 1400 and it appears that is their lifetime.Ours after approx 4-5 months sad "some parts of printer are used" or something like that and died queitfully.we had the same problems before,but that's what we done:
the CISS(bulk system) allways have to be in the same hight with the bottom of printer.when we did "nozzle check" for the reason above we lifted up the CISS higher then the printer and let it ther for entire nozzle chek period.after that it can print a page or 2 with to much ink but usually it's get better or even after the first head cleaning the problem it's gone.
I'm sure you checked to have enaugh black ink in the sistem:D

Good luck,hope I helped U

1 - 8 of 8 Posts