T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm new here. And I want to purchase a t shirt printing machine. After comparing those printers available on the market, I decide to buy a DTG printer. But the price is beyond my budget. Then I turned to Chinese market. And I find out some t shirt printer manufacturer, but I don't know how is the quality. This is one of these manufacturers I found from China. Can anybody give any advice? I have a budget of less than 5000 USDs, can I have a DTG printer?
Thank you!

· Registered
2,510 Posts
Support will be miserable. Driver might not work well and require buying a Rip costing $2000. Build quality might be questionable and require rebuilding by yourself.

I suggest outsourcing your DTG orders to a contract printer. When you're getting 120-150 orders a week, finance a US sold unit.

· Registered
1,264 Posts
Support will be miserable. Driver might not work well and require buying a Rip costing $2000. Build quality might be questionable and require rebuilding by yourself.

I suggest outsourcing your DTG orders to a contract printer. When you're getting 120-150 orders a week, finance a US sold unit.
This X2!

Spend your 5k on marketing your product. I can guarantee you will make more money marketing your line and outsourcing, than buying a Chinese printer.

· Registered
2,510 Posts
What is your budget for everything you need? $5000?

Total up for these things:

1. DTG Printer
2. Heat Press
3. RIP software
4. RIP computer
5. Initial ink purchase
6. Training
7. Website development and hosting
8. Climate controlled room (temp and humidity)
9. Blank shirts to practice on
10. Shipping for each item, or airfare/hotel for training

Your budget won't do it.

I recommend cutting all unnecessary expenses for 1-2 years and getting a second job -- save $30,000 and do it right!

· Registered
23 Posts
Buying China made DTG is not a bad idea if you know how to fix Epson printer and sources to get Epson parts. 90% of the China made DTG are converted from Epson printer. Get a good Epson authorized service center to back you up on repair. Getting Epson parts are easy except the print head. I can show you how to get Epson print head at a reasonable price. I cannot mention how here. send me a private message and I show you how.

· Registered
8 Posts
Buying China made DTG is not a bad idea if you know how to fix Epson printer and sources to get Epson parts. 90% of the China made DTG are converted from Epson printer. Get a good Epson authorized service center to back you up on repair. Getting Epson parts are easy except the print head. I can show you how to get Epson print head at a reasonable price. I cannot mention how here. send me a private message and I show you how.
I will contact you if sth is wrong with my printhead.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.