T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
There are many good shopping carts out there depending on your needs and budget.

ZenCart, oscommerce, miva, shopsite, x-cart, squirrel cart, etc.

Just about any shopping cart will work as long as it allows for size options. If you can get it to have clean/search engine friendly URLs and the ability to grow as your store does, then you should be fine.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I suggest using PayPal, eBays company. They give you a free shopping cart and since it's PayPal you know it's secure. You display your designs then paste PayPal's shopping cat button into your HTML and there you go. I think you can have 2 option in the shopping cart. Like size, color, etc. I just recently made a website and was told to use PayPal from a friend. Because you never see your customers credit card the customer finds it safer. There's no montly charges just the charge on the payment is like .03%+$0.30. Check it out. It was a lot easier then i thought.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Twinge that what I was thinking about paypal. Although the do make it simple with the email for purchases sent to you and the buyer.

With zencart they seem to not have many layouts to choose from. So from what I'm hearing here in the forum I guess I'll try paypal or zencart. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Well, zencart offers lots of functionality, but it takes some work to customize it exactly how you want to; knowing a little coding would be very helpful here. (I don't really know php specifically but I had enough programming experience to make it easy enough to work with.)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Paypal is the way to go if your just starting out. Paypal isnt the smoothest integration, but its easy and it works. If you become very successfull, you could buy a shopping cart, but until then paypal is the best way to go. Zen cart also works well, and is more integrated, but it is difficult to customize if you dont have alot of experience with php. This leaves your site looking like a template website. To me the look of the website is what sells shirts...not the cart. I have been very successfull on my site using paypal, so I dont think that the cart is a problem at all.

Peace,
Jon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts