T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used Shopper press? Im looking at setting up a T-shirt website. Link: ShopperPress - Wordpress Shopping Cart
My uncle who is a programmer has basic CSS knowledge and said that this would be a good option and he would help me customize it.

Seems to have great pros. Is it worth 80$ once off? Vs Bigcartel which is like 20$ per month? I think so.

What are your opinions?
Has anyone tried this?

Thanks for the help. :)

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I agree its like all technology. The moment some open source version of this software comes out. Their price is going to shoot down to compete.

Im surprised nobody has tried this. I guess its new stuff.

· Registered
19 Posts
If you are going to use wordpress as your backend there are a lot of free options before you spend your $80. I've used WP e-commerce (WordPress › WP e-Commerce WordPress Plugins) for a couple of sites and it is very simple and free. There are additional addons that expand it's capabilities, most free, some pay, but you can get a lot of help from the wordpress community forums.

For $80 I wouldn't expect a lot of support - the free addons generally have the better forums and active communities.

· Registered
47 Posts
If you are going to use wordpress as your backend there are a lot of free options before you spend your $80. I've used WP e-commerce (WordPress › WP e-Commerce WordPress Plugins) for a couple of sites and it is very simple and free. There are additional addons that expand it's capabilities, most free, some pay, but you can get a lot of help from the wordpress community forums.

For $80 I wouldn't expect a lot of support - the free addons generally have the better forums and active communities.
can u plz tell us why u havent kept using them? did u run in some kind of problems?

· Registered
19 Posts
I still do use them on a couple of sites - I'll add them to my portfolio in my sig. It's mainly for smaller stores - my main site is a zen cart store which will do a lot more, but is a lot more complex. I'm trying to get a guide written up to setting up a simple wordpress site and store - hopefully I'll have it by tomorrow. (And if that works I might try a zen guide...)

· Premium Member
56,238 Posts
Has anyone used Shopper press? Im looking at setting up a T-shirt website. Link: ShopperPress - Wordpress Shopping Cart
My uncle who is a programmer has basic CSS knowledge and said that this would be a good option and he would help me customize it.

Seems to have great pros. Is it worth 80$ once off? Vs Bigcartel which is like 20$ per month? I think so.

What are your opinions?
Has anyone tried this?

Thanks for the help. :)
I've been looking at wordpress shopping carts recently as well, and ran across shopperpress.

I don't think it had all the features I'd personally want out of a shopping cart, but there are a few other wordpress ecommerce type plugins that are also worth looking at:

Templatic has a few different ecommerce themes like Emporium.

There's also Shopp, PHPurchase, and WP-ecommerce

I still haven't found one that does inventory management at the option variable level (ie: how many small, red t-shirts left in stock) and has good upsell/promotion capabilities during checkout (great for selling stickers and small ticket items when people are buying t-shirts)

I always prefer a once off instead of ongoing monthly fees.

If your solution doesn't have to be wordpress powered, you can also look at CubeCart.

· Registered
129 Posts
I still do use them on a couple of sites - I'll add them to my portfolio in my sig. It's mainly for smaller stores - my main site is a zen cart store which will do a lot more, but is a lot more complex. I'm trying to get a guide written up to setting up a simple wordpress site and store - hopefully I'll have it by tomorrow. (And if that works I might try a zen guide...)
that would be awesome.

· Registered
18 Posts
Wordpress is a great platform, it's customisable at almost every level, I design lots of sites on wordpress for this reason, and there is a good free plugin for most uses including ecommerce. The ratings in the wordpress plugin site are pretty accurate and most are easy to install. Im pretty sure the last install of wp-e-commerce (free plugin version) did inventory management, it's main setback is that the menu system can glitch on first install requiring some css styling in the theme to put it right, not too difficult to overcome though. As an aside this plug in also manages digital files which is a great feature to think of if you may consider expanding your business in the future towards 'downloads' of art work.

Moli

· Registered
19 Posts
I use WP commerce...
http://www.instinct.co.nz/e-commerce/
Im waiting on the new update with wp commerce since wordpress just updated with better features.. which the new wpcommerce update will run faster and allow better options.. etc..

Ive been using WP since 2004 and technology has come a long way.. lol

Right now I have a vinyl decals store in the works.. has about 500+ products..

· Registered
2 Posts
hi guys

ok i checked and confirmed with ShopperPress, there is NO encryption within their theme (i even checked myself) and all powered by noticed in the footer can be removed and edited so im not sure why mfreund said that, guess he doesnt want others to catch on :)

The theme is very good and their support..wow! very fast, was supprised, saved me alot of time and money cos the other services are very expensive.

i 100% recommend

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.