T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm nowhere near ready to setup a shop, not even close, but I'm looking for advice from people who have been through the process. I'm going to be moving to Salt Lake City, UT, so any info from locals would be greatly appreciated.

I have a few questions about actually running a shop. First, what kinds of regulations are there for disposing of inks and chemicals? Example: a washout booth in the shop. Do you need special plumbing for this?

Second, what is the best kind of space to actually run a shop? Warehouse/industrial/storefront combo?

I'm sorry if some of these questions are silly or basic, but I am JUST starting out and looking for all the info I can find.

Thanks everyone.

· Registered
1,283 Posts
Are you planning on trying to accomplish in-store sales or are you trying to more-or-less be a fulfillment center that focuses on B2B? Depending upon that answer that will tell you which location would work best. From there you can determine appropriate zoning, etc. You'll find detailed requirements on business operations in the city/county website to where you are moving, for example check out the following link to the City's business information page: Salt Lake City - Business Center

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.