T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Please tell me what you think it needs
It's good that you can see the t-shirt designs right away when the first page loads, but overall the site looks a bit dark and uninviting.

Your image thumbnails look a bit pixelated. As if they were resized by HTML (height and width tags) instead of actually resizing the image.

On the "New Products" page the t-shirts all have transparent backgrounds, so they seem to look gray instead of white.

On the individual products page the product description text is VERY tiny. I would add more description there and enlarge the font.

The whole shop says osCommerce in the "TITLE" bar (one of the most important parts of your web page). It should say the name of your shop when you're on the homepage and the name of your products when you're on the product detail page.

You should carry larger sizes than LARGE :)

It looks like this came from a predefined oscommerce template and not something that was designed for your site and t-shirt theme. Most customers probably won't notice this, but if you can get a site that looks more open and inviting and helps your designs stand out a bit more, I think it would help your sales potential.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, i have fixed some of these things such as title etc. but i cannot fix the images however i put them they always look pixelated. any ideas?

thanks

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
The coat hanger and bird icons currently seem a little incongruous, though I guess you may integrate them more later.

There's no point having a choose your language button and a currency dropdown when there is only one option in each.

As Rodney said it does look like a template, and it wouldn't hurt to customise/personalise it a bit - but on the plus side it does look like a good template. It doesn't look like every other OsC site, which is good.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
however i put them they always look pixelated. any ideas?
I'm guessing it's an oscommerce settings somewhere.

I stopped using oscommerce after pulling out my hair a couple of times. I switched to using cubecart (www.cubecart.com) which I found much easier to customize and manage.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
joemeca said:
Do you think the shop is loading slow?
Not really. Although I don't think the advertisements in the shop will help you convert t-shirt sales.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol true you know a good counter to use as i dont like the ones in cpanel?

i got google analytics would i just put that code into header?

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Google Analytics is a good choice (I think you can put it in the header or in your footer template...anywhere so it's on every page).

You might want to check out www.statcounter.com as well. I've used that on a few sites and it works pretty well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts