T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working with Russell T-shirts for sublimation printing. T-shirts are great, made of polycotton - 65/35. wonder if you know some other similar materials!? in which all the materials can do sublimation (for clothes, wearing ...)?

Pure polyester does not interest me. I'm interested in fashion clothing. THANX!!!

· Registered
2,105 Posts
Have you tried washing one of these yet? The ink will be retained by the poly only and so will appear to fade.

Since the poly will only hold the ink, just look for similar levels of poly in any garment mix and you'll get a similar result.

· Registered
2,766 Posts
I'm working with Russell T-shirts for sublimation printing. T-shirts are great, made of polycotton - 65/35. wonder if you know some other similar materials!? in which all the materials can do sublimation (for clothes, wearing ...)?

Pure polyester does not interest me. I'm interested in fashion clothing. THANX!!![/QUO

It is a good idea to get your "interest" in line with the rules of Dye sublimation. Wash the shirt and be sure.
Check out all new types of polyester before you decide to rule out 100% poly.
Monag vortex poly, feels like cotton.
Gildan 4200 series
Jerzee
and many more

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys!
of course I washed my Russell shirts. And of course, there is a little difference after that, in print.
For garments I do that's not big problem, vintage style is idea. So yes, partially washed print looks quite good.
Try to work with the HDT Russell t-shirts. If you have a good idea, give them a chance. I was a big skeptic.

Otherwise I produce Plastizol transfers. Recently I started working with sublimation. I wonder if you can help me - which materials can be considered for this method of decorating textiles? Polyester, Lycra ...
I'm interested in fashion clothing. Tailoring, sewing and decoration.

Except for finished goods, I would like also to tailor my own models.
Thanks for your help! Greetings!

· Registered
275 Posts

Pure polyester does not interest me. I'm interested in fashion clothing. THANX!!![/QUO

It is a good idea to get your "interest" in line with the rules of Dye sublimation. Wash the shirt and be sure.
Check out all new types of polyester before you decide to rule out 100% poly.
Monag vortex poly, feels like cotton.
Gildan 4200 series
Jerzee
and many more
The Monag shirt is way to expensive to make any money on at $10.65 a blank. Jerzee 21m and Vapor are good. Haven't tried the Gildan yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.