T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,

With help from this site and a few searches into the archives I spent some money.

I've got my C86 all set ($70 - $20 rebate from staples)

Hix 15x15 swingman is on the way, also got a teflon sheet and pad protector.

I also orders 100 sheets of TransjetII (magicjet) paper

Now I need something to put some transfers on. Is there anything else I am missing??

What is a good T-shirt material to start with?? I want to get a feel for the press and make a few shirt to test them out myself.

Any recomendations as to where the best place to buy would be great too.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
As I recently said in response to another thread, S&S Activewear (www.ssactivewear.com) is the most recommended (that I've seen) wholesaler around. Good prices, good service, etc.

As for the shirts themselves... a good combinaiton of quality and value are the Gildan shirts. These are what I've been using (the 6.1oz Ultra) and they seem to work pretty well. Another member here suggested Jerzees (a specific shirt of theirs, I believe) had the best feel to it out of all the shirts they tried (and are a little more expensive, but not unreasonable). For ladies styles, try American Apparel or Bella. We recently bought some bella shirts to try... they seem to be decent shirts, but they run VERY small -- about 2.5 whole sizes smaller than the Gildan shirts we're using, so that a Bella XL is between a Gildan medium and small :p

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Twinge said:
We recently bought some bella shirts to try... they seem to be decent shirts, but they run VERY small -- about 2.5 whole sizes smaller than the Gildan shirts we're using, so that a Bella XL is between a Gildan medium and small :p
That's really strange. Bella has the largest sizing I've seen for women's styles. Their XL is, if I remember correctly, two inches wider than AA's.

By "Gildan medium" you don't just mean the men's shirts do you? 'cos that would be comparing apples and donkeys :D

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Both 100% Cotton and 50/50 blends are very nice, and probably equally popular. Most customers won't really care too much.

Solmu: Yes, I do mean the Gildan's men's sizes, but my mom (whom I'm wokring with making shirts) said that usually women's sizes are only like 1 size smaller, not 2 and a half :p AA is even smaller? Madness I say!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts