T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Does anybody experience this?? When I peel my transfer the shirt material stretches out of place. Some times the transfer gets skewed.

I am using MagiJet paper on Gildan 100% cotton shirts. My Hix press is set to 360 degrees, I use a teflon sheet and platten cover. I press for 18 seconds.

I try to hold the shirt down but it still pulls.

Is this a sign I am not hot or pressing long enough???

The transfers look and wear well despite the stretch.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Usually it is a sign that you are not peeling the paper backing quickly enough. Some transfer papers require an extremely hot peel, so make sure to peel the paper as soon as you open the press. Some of my customers even use the ove glove so that they don't burn their hands. If for some reason, the paper backing gives you resistance when peeling, simply put it back down where it was and reheat the transfer for a few seconds and try again. Others that have worked a little more hands on than I have may have additional tips.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
That's probably a good guess. All the settings are about right... are you pre-pressing your shirts for ~5 seconds before you actually press the transfer? That can make a big difference.

As Josh said, try to peel it off as quickly as possible. get the top platen out of the way, move the teflon sheet to the side, and firmly pull the transfer off from one side.

You might also try adjusting your pressure; I don't know if that would make any difference in this, but it could.

·
Registered
9 Posts
CJK440 said:
Hello,

Does anybody experience this?? When I peel my transfer the shirt material stretches out of place. Some times the transfer gets skewed.

I am using MagiJet paper on Gildan 100% cotton shirts. My Hix press is set to 360 degrees, I use a teflon sheet and platten cover. I press for 18 seconds.

I try to hold the shirt down but it still pulls.

Is this a sign I am not hot or pressing long enough???

The transfers look and wear well despite the stretch.
***This happened to me a lot when I was pressured to print out 72 tshirts for a basketball tournament*****

I had to wear oven mittens since I have the 15x15 clam shell heat press. As soon as I opened the heat press, I used a spatular to move the teflon which was very hot. Then, I try to get a good grip on the transfer (hot peel) and move it off in one big movement. Some shirts were stretched, pulled, puffed...etc... Other shirts the transfer cooled and couldn't be moved anymore. Remember: try to remove the transfer in one movement and while it really hot.

After a while, i got use to it since I refused to get burn by that machine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts