T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
USPS does a pretty good job for small numbers of shirts (which most orders usually are). If you're doing a bunch of shirts you'll probably be better off with UPS.

Also, one thing a friend pointed out to me with USPS is that its usually harder to get them to deliver to a door; they usually just leave a note to pick it up at the post office or such, which can suck for some customers (generally rural)

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Hehe, why's my name in quotes?

As I said, it was just something a friend mentioned -- he used to lived with his family on a farm and he said that USPS would always just leave a note that there was a package he had to pick up at the post office and it was pretty unreliable to him there. Can't say from personal experience as I have not had any problems myself.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Hah, fair enough. And yes, you did catch me off guard with that =)

Good overview of why to go with UPS btw; its good for larger companies, larger packages, etc. For single-shirt orders and small companies, USPS definately seems to be the way to go though. I do kinda wish UPS offered free packaging for GROUND shipments though; they only offer it for air service AFAICT (and that's what they told me as well), and air is way too expensive to be worth it for shirts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.