T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wish USPS was an option for shipping. UPS is so expensive and it takes so long. I ordered on the 27th of July and My order was shipped early on the 29th and I just tracked it on UPS.com and It won't be delivered until the 5th of August. USPS would have it there in 2-3 days at the same cost or even cheaper.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Not always the same cost! It depends on the weight of what is being shipped. As a seller, I usually ship USPS Priority if I'm shipping a pound or less. Between one and two pounds is a case by case basis but over two pounds is almost always cheaper to go with FedEx or UPS.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm wanting to add the without price link to my site for my customers to buy but the shipping price. I can't order the print, then pay the $16 shipping fee just for one shirt.
Is there any suggestions on what I can do?! I'm a business that is only 7 months old and not able to buy in bulk yet!!!!
I mainly do rhinestone shirts but I know i have several customers that would love the prints that pro world has. I just need it to be affordable for both me and the customer.
Suggestions please?

Thank you

·
Registered
35 Posts
My orders actually go to California, that is where we print. USPS priority mail takes 3 days at the longest to get there from anywhere in the country.
(emphasis mine)

If you've never had a priority package take longer than three days you're lucky. While the post office quotes a transit time of three days, they have absolutely no guarantees on that. According to the usps faq, priority mail is:

Typically two to three days to most locations in the US (Specific delivery standards may be available when postage is calculated). This is not a guaranteed service.
I've shipped tons of priority packages and they usually get there quickly, but on occasion I've had them take far longer than three days...

·
Premium Member
56,238 Posts
I've talked to a few vendors about this (not Pro World) and they said that the guarantees with UPS help protect both them as the seller and the customer as the buyer.

UPS offers better realtime tracking of the package, better deliver guarantees (so you can tell your customer it will be there on X day with good confidence). UPS also ties into many larger warehouse distribution chains/softwares better than USPS.

I agree that for me, USPS is generally faster and less expensive (especially when I'm shipping out just one t-shirt), but for larger companies, it can actually be a liability and slow down their business (trying to track packages with USPS isn't fun)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I shipped a priority package a few years ago that took much longer than normal. Once it had been a week or so I started getting emails from the guy asking about it and I told him that priority wasn't actually guaranteed to be three days, even though the ads try to downplay that fact. So he went to the post office to ask about the package and the postal employee told him "oh no, there's no way a priority package could take more than three days". :rolleyes:

So I had to deal with a testy customer and try to convince him that the guy at the post office was either lying or didn't know what he was talking about. :mad:

Fortunately, while I don't think he really believed me, he gave me the benefit of the doubt and it eventually showed up after a month or so...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.