T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please, explain why some t-shirt sites ship worldwide, while others only ship inside the USA? What are the "cons" for shipping international?
Thanks,
Darrell

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Shopping Cart Integration. Time. Extra research. More expense for overseas customers. Currency conversion. Increases chance of scams (depending on where you decide to ship to)... There are a few plausible reasons.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
All the reasons Twinge listed are valid, but I think a large part of it is also just fear and laziness. People don't realise how easy it is to send mail out of the country and fear it's going to be a difficult process.

For a smaller operation it may not be worth the effort (and cost of setting it up if you need outside help), but for a larger shop it should be. It does (generally) increase the amount of time you need to spend in the post office, so you probably don't want to be doing that for only a few orders (on the other hand shops getting only a few orders may be desperate enough for sales to be willing to put in the extra work).

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm just curious, how t-shirts sales in Canada are for people. Is it safe to assume that thats the second largest market besides the US or are the Europeans t-shirt fiends as well. I just don't know if people refer to Canada as being in the 'International' mix or not.

·
Registered
249 Posts
sarafina said:
I'm just curious, how t-shirts sales in Canada are for people. Is it safe to assume that thats the second largest market besides the US or are the Europeans t-shirt fiends as well. I just don't know if people refer to Canada as being in the 'International' mix or not.
most of our international sales are going to the UK... lots in Ireland and England. I can only remember shipping a handful of packages to Canada.

·
Registered
249 Posts
jdr8271 said:
Just be carefull of sending anything to africa (particularly nigeria). There are alot of scammers out there.
This is true. We get, on average, two or three inquiries a month from Nigerian companies wanting to purchase 50-100 shirts from our stock. Always stating it will be paid with a major credit card and wanting to know how it will be shipped, how soon it will get there, etc. I always hit the delete button on these type of emails.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I have heard several horror stories of scams from Nigeria.

Darrell

1 - 9 of 9 Posts