T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experiance sending large numbers (i.e. 100's) of shirts via airmail or surface to the UK? I've looked at usps.com and ups.com but wondered if there are any other US companies that offer shipping at a better rate.
I've also seen companies advertising a US address rental service where goods are sent to your own US address and then forwarded to UK, somehow makes things easier...anyone any experiance of this.

Thanks in advance,
Justin

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I would suggest using either USPS Airmail or USPS Global Priority (what I use).

They both are pretty inexpensive and get to their destination relatively fast.

Global Priority starts at $9 to the UK (if you use the flat rate envelope), and it gets there within 4-7 days. You can ship airmail for a bit cheaper, but it might take longer to get there.

When I last looked at the UPS/FedEX/DHL rates, they weren't even close.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
TJLewis said:
...any experiance sending large numbers (i.e. 100's) of shirts...
Rodney said:
Global Priority starts at $9 to the UK (if you use the flat rate envelope)
I don't think that would be very useful in this case...

Those flat rate envelopes are fantastic (more merchants need to start using them, and learn to pack more in them), but obviously no good for bulk sales.

I've ordered a lot of stuff from the US over the years, and so long as you have realistic expectations I do find USPS to be mostly a really good service. The only real problem I have with them is that (near as I can tell from my perspective on the other side of the world) different postal clerks will give you a different quote on any given day.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Those flat rate envelopes are fantastic (more merchants need to start using them, and learn to pack more in them), but obviously no good for bulk sales.
Whoops, I guess I read that as 100's over a period of time, not a bulk sale of a 100 shirts in one package :)

For bulk orders sent internationally, I usually use USPS Airmail unless the customer requests DHL or UPS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts