T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have bought many items from the US into Canada. And usually I pay a handling fee and GST to the shipping company. I have never paid any actual customs or duty and don't think I ever will. THere has been a couple of times where I did not have to pay any handling fee or taxes but I think that was mostly fluke.

Although this is not directly related to Cafepress it will help I think. If items are shipped from UPS in the US, UPS Canada will handle it here. They have been charging me around $50 for handling fee plus any GST owing. That is expensive. If items are shipped via USPS from the US, Canada Post handles it on this end. They have been charging me only $5 for handling fee plus any GST owing. I have ordered from Cafepress and I think they were using USPS so I only got charged $5 from Canada Post.

Overall, I think the best business practises would be always to assume that you will pay a handling fee of some kind and the GST.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.