T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone encountered any issues with having product shipped to Canada from Cafepress or Spreadshirt? Cutoms, duties, taxes, etc?

I understand that orders less than $20, are duty free, but over that customs may choose to charge GST and a handling fee. I have received 2 shipments from Spreadshirt, one valued at $20 and the other over. Neither were charged any duty. My shipment from cafepress was over $20 and was charged GST and a $5 handling fee.

Any other Canadians working with cafepress or spreadshirt dealing with this?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The official word from Canada Customs in any goods coming from US to Canada valued at less than $20 US is okay. Over $20 and they may choose to slap a $5 handling fee plus GST owing. I have ordered several items now from spreadshirt, cafepress and other merchandise (ink cartridges) and have been about 50/50 with getting stopped.

Spreadshirt does not produce shirts in Canada but they do have an office in Montreal now so maybe one day. They have recently offered the option of operating under CDN dollars though.

I try to make it clear on my shipping info that the items ship from the US and may be subject to these fees so that customers are not surprised.

Thanks for the replies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.