T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Re: Shipping Containers ???

Yeh, it seems like Priority Mail is what I'm going to go with.

1. Your customers get their orders delivered to them sooner. In our society of instant gratification it seems like this would help with getting people to come back to your shop.

2. You get a tracking number which is a feature people love. Everyone I know that orders something online loves to be able to see where their package is and will check it 100 times a day.

3. The price is really no big deal since everyone these days assumes the magic number of $4.95 for shipping -- people simply don't pay attention to it, at least not the majority (and the majority is who you cater to).

4. Like Rodney said, free postal supplies. My website isn't even done yet but I have 300 Tyvek envelopes and 300 boxes sitting in my apartment ready to go -- which I received for free.

·
Registered
302 Posts

jdr8271 said:
There is an accepted shipping price (about $5), that people are used to paying for t-shirts. Customers will pay that price, no matter what method of shipping you are using. Since I sell thousands of t-shirts a year, and use first class mail, I make thousands of dollars more by shipping by first class rather than priority mail.
Yeh but you have to buy your own shipping supplies, right? Also, I'm sure there are some customers who are turned off by the longer delivery times and you fail to make them repeat buyers. Once you factor these things in is it really still worth it? Am I totally wrong?

·
Registered
302 Posts

Rodney said:
Any places you know of that custom print tyvek envelopes?
Rodney,

I only looked for about 20 minutes. Most sites want you to provide information about your font and graphics to go on the envelope and they'll get back to you with a quote.

However, I did find this site that lists some pretty damn good prices.
http://www.smartresolution.com/print_services/envelopes/mailing_detail.asp?p=789

100 - $100
250 - $203
500 - $351
1000 - $554

Once I get more established I think I'm going to get some of these.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.