T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What tshirt friendly envelopes are available at USPS? Anyone know off the top of their head?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I'm currently using Tyvek envelopes from USPS Priority Mail. They'll give them to you free and you can fit up to 3 shirts in them... costs from 3.85 to about 6.00 per shipment (depending on weight and where you're sending it).

This was discussed a bit in an older thread, although I would be interested in re-visting the topic. I think DickTees said he was using vhs mailers... I'd be interested in what everyone else is using, especially now that I've found out that the Tyvek envelopes aren't available as pre-paid envelopes (and thus can be more than the flat 3.85 each).

·
Registered
249 Posts
I do indeed use the priority vhs mailers... but they are only good for shipping one shirt at a time. When shipping mutliple shirt orders we ship in smaller cardboard boxes that my partner gets from the t-shirt warehouse we go through. I just prefer shipping in boxes as opposed to bags or envelopes. I have heard stories of customers of other sites getting their shirts in an envelope that was torn... placing the product at risk for damage.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im shipping one baby tee to Oregon......so im thinking it cant be more than 3.85 right. But I just ask for either the tyvek or vhs mailer at the Post Office? Is the tyvek that wrip through plastic type deal?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oops, I meant to write, that tyvek is the invincible plastic mailer that does NOT wrip right

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Yeah, the Tyvek packages are supposed to be pretty indestructable, and seem to be. For everything less than 1 pound, it is a flat 3.85.

Dick: How much do the vhs mailers cost (including the box itself, if it isn't free) for what shipping method (Parcel or Priority)?

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
that tyvek is the invincible plastic mailer that does NOT wrip right
That's what I've been using for years via the USPS. I order them (free) from the USPS website by the hundreds and print out labels via Stamps.com. You can also pay for and print out labels from the USPS website.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I use white bubble envelopes for mine but that''s only because I use tissue paper inside just to be different.

You can buy white non tear envelopes from www.uline.com if you need too (they're just like the priority mail ones but plain) and you can mail it out first class or priority if you want.

They told me at the post office that you can go online to usps.com or call and they'll send you priority mail tape and address adhesives for free as well as the envelopes. (But I haven't looked into this so I'm not exactly sure)

·
Registered
69 Posts
I just shipped out 220 shirts using all tyvex packages, they cost 50 cents each and will not rip. Only problem is it is tough to get 2 big shirts (xl's) or 3 shirts in their without smashing them in.

Does anyone use USPS click and ship? What do you do if you have to send out a large number of packages? Cause I had to go the post office 5 times just to send the shirts out and it was not fun.

·
Premium Member
27,690 Posts
Twin85 said:
I just shipped out 220 shirts using all tyvex packages, they cost 50 cents each and will not rip. Only problem is it is tough to get 2 big shirts (xl's) or 3 shirts in their without smashing them in.
Did you know you can get the tyvex packages for free from the USPS supplies website?

Does anyone use USPS click and ship? What do you do if you have to send out a large number of packages? Cause I had to go the post office 5 times just to send the shirts out and it was not fun.
What I do is use their USPS free carrier pickup service. They will send either your normal UPS carrier to your house to pickup the packages or they will send a separate truck to pick them up.

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
When you use the tyvex packages from USPS, are you putting your shirts in any wrapping or protective covering before putting in the envelope? Or just putting them in by them selves?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I too am curious about the question show above...

I am just getting started into shipping t-shirts but I have been shipping my other products for years and Priority envelopes and smaller boxes always worked perfectly. But given I am not sure how much I can fold a shirt without damaging the design, I am a little bit hesitant to try the padded priority envelopes...

Is anyone else having trouble getting these in qty? USPS would only let me order them 15 at a time and If all goes well on this order I would be shipping 300 - 500 shirts individually. Not bad for your first foray into the business.... Really the possibility of that large an order was the ONLY reason I got into t-shirts again... :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts